Mac Os X Apple X11 and Open Office

What is this stuff?

If this isn't exactly what you wanted, please try our Search (there's a LOT of techy and non-techy stuff here about Linux, Unix, Mac OS X and just computers in general!):

From: chris@grierwhite.com (Christopher J. White)
Subject: Re: OpenOffice and XDarwin
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:36:22 -0500

>>>>> "mp" == MP  <blackhole@foxinternet.net.invalid> writes:

mp> Something has been said about XDarwin? Do I still need it if I'm running
mp> Apple's X11? If so, what does it do? I'm not a Unix guru. I don't want
mp> to install something that'll cause trouble later.

mp> How do I get OpenOffice to actually run? The installer said something
mp> about a script, but I can't find it.

Try this:

1) With Apple's X11 running, select Applications -> Customize.  This
should bring up a dialog for X11 Application Menu.

2) Click Add Item - this should give you a new blank line hightlighted.

3) Double click in the Name column, type "Open Office"

4) Double click in the Command column,
   type "/Applications/OpenOffce.org1.0.1/program/soffice"
   (Verify the path is the same for you).

5) Click Done

Then you can start it from the X11 Applications Menu.  This works for
me, and I don't have XDarwin installed.

...cj

-> -> Mac Os X Apple X11 and Open Office

While we all ooh and ahh over the reports and graphs, Google is quietly building an incredible pile of extremely valuable information. (Tony Lawrence)

This post tagged: