Installing OpenServer 5.0.7 on a Dell Poweredge 2850 with dell amird raid (SCO Unix)

Taken from a newsgroup post

From: "E Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: DELL 2850 install OpenServer 5.0.7 w/ PERC4ei
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:49:06 GMT

<kevintickle@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124751172.436255.175710@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to install OpenServer 5.0.7 on a Dell Poweredge 2850, with a
> Perc4E RAID.  When I link in the BTLD for the amird driver, it doesn't
> load the IDE adapter for the CD-ROM.  If I leave out the amird driver,
> the IDE controller loads fine.
>
> Any ideas?

I've just installed it on PE 2800 with the same RAID controller (PERC 4e/Di)
dual channel. First You have to disable the USB from BIOS if not you'll get
some panic errors. then create an AMIRD floppy and do this at the boot
prompt :

defbootstr link=amird Sdsk=amird(0,2,0,0) scsi.noscan

It takes like 3 or 4 minutes to go over the F BTLD message but then it
finally keeps booting up.

I hope this helps you.

-> -> Installing OpenServer 5.0.7 on a Dell Poweredge 2850 with dell amird raid (SCO Unix)

Support Rates