perl modules from shell scripts

I liked the imagery of Peter's answer. The real answer is that you need to build a perl program around the module you want to use and design an interface for your shell script to do what it wants to do. Seems pointless to me: if you went to all that effort, why use the shell at all? But I guess if you had a big chunk of existing code..

From: "Peter T. Breuer" <ptb@oboe.it.uc3m.es>
Subject: Re: Using perl module functions in shell scripts
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:39:30 +0200
<1129148835.946965.265090@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> Neelay <neelay1@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I import the Perl module into the shell script? This question betrays a fundamental incomprehension of 1) progamming language theory 2) interpretation 3) compilation 5) linking and probably a good many more things besides. The answer is "the same way as you can fill your elephant up with petrol". Find the petrol cap first, then insert nozzle and pull trigger. Stand well back. Peter

-> -> perl modules from shell scripts

Support Rates

Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him till he emerges on the other side of his Atlantic with his verb in his mouth. (Mark Twain)

This post tagged: