tape relink errors kernel rebuild error - space.c

Taken from a newsgroup post

From: bonix...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: hp dat 24 on 5.0.7 kernel rebuild error
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 01:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

On 15 Sep, 15:32, ivan <ivanwm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I then did a mkdev tape - it recognized a new scsi device and after
> keying thru the menu it told me it had to rebuild the kernel and I
> told it yes and that is when the problems began.
>
> /var/opt/K/link/1.1.1Hw/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.c : 100 cant find
> include file space.h
> ERROR:'/var/opt/k/SCO/link/1.1.1Hw/etc/conf/pack.d/Stp/space.c' will
> not compile properly

Ivan,

The error message above indicates that space.h is missing from the
kernel link kit. This may just be a one off corruption of the link
kit
or it may be more fundamental.

The content of /etc/conf/pack.d/Stp should include:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       67420 Jun 13  2007 Driver.a
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         255 Jun 13  2007 device.dat
-rw-r--r--   1 root     sys         4283 Nov 28  2007 space.c
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        2749 Jun 13  2007 space.h
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         624 Jun 13  2007 stubs.c

> Can anyone provide some direction in the resolution of this problem -
> I will continue looking but if anyone can save me some time and point
> me to a good source I would greatly appreciate it.

As a start, you should get a space.h from another 5.0.7 system,
drop it into /etc/conf/pack.d/Stp and then see if this fixes the
relink problem.

If you dont have another system, then create space.h with the content
below.
If a relink after doing this turns up other kernel issues then it
looks like
you have a corrupt kernel and will need to contact your SCO Support
provider to get the problem sorted.

John

/* BEGIN SCO_STP EXTERNS */
/* END SCO_STP EXTERNS */

int (*Stp_route_tbl[])() = {
/* BEGIN SCO_STP ROUTERS */
/* END SCO_STP ROUTERS */
        0,
};

int     Stp_nroute_els = sizeof( Stp_route_tbl ) / sizeof( int * ) -
1;

Stp_tape_config_t       Stp_tape_cfg[STP_NDRIVES] = {
/* BEGIN SCO_STP ENHANCEMENTS */
/* END SCO_STP ENHANCEMENTS */
{ 0 },
};

-> -> Tape relink errors - kernel rebuild error - space.c (SCO Unix)

The successful construction of all machinery depends on the perfection of the tools employed; and whoever is a master in the arts of tool-making possesses the key to the construction of all machines... The contrivance and construction of tools must therefore ever stand at the head of the industrial arts. (Charles Babbage)

This post tagged: